Im a latino HIV poz person but I Want to mo move to Canada, how does the system works? Is there free medicine for hiv diagnose people?

How does the public health system works I really wanna migrate and work here in my country I take my medicine but I want a more stable life and better economic situation is there any chance to have some information about how Dow Canadian government works when it comes to HIV

Expensive medical conditions are usually a nonstarter for countries with national health programs. Your desires for stability aren’t Canada’s problem.

• Maxi

Unless you hold a Canadian passport it is unlikely you will get a visa to live/work in Canada as you need an employer sponsor and you are unlikely to pass the health exams, if for some reason you do then you would be required to have extensive private health insurance, so you would have to pay for any medication/health care you recieved while there

If it were the 1980's it would be a different story. The world is going through very hard times, and it's making immigration to anywhere more difficult. The only thing I can suggest is coming to Canada for treatment like some US citizens do then return back to country of origin.

It's even hard on families that want to move to another country, but if one of their children is born with a congenital defect that needs medical treatment, it would be a big NO, unless that family is very wealthy and can contribute to society within the country. But mark my words if a family with a child with a disability comes to Canada that child will not be allowed citizenship.

Hard Facts of Life. I wish it wasn't like this, but since 9/11 many things have changed globally.

You cannot move to Canada. Inadmissible on medical grounds - probability of ending up a public charge. You must remain in your country of citizenship.

• Lisa A

How about asking what you can do for Canada, instead of what you can take from Canada.

Generally, if you have a medical condition that will require treatment, you will not be allowed to immigrate in to Canada. Period. Canada does not want additional burdens on it's health care system.

If you were already in Canada, while seeing a doctor is free (more or less), drugs are not, so, you would have had to pay for HIV meds. This depends on the province one is in though, as each has it's own system. In some places there are fees, but, not in others.

You will not be allowed in.

Part of the immigration process is a physical and a bloodtest. You wouldn't be accepted. Canadians pay into healthcare through taxes. A sick immigrant would use that insurance without paying in.