Why is police brutality a problem?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

It isn't. Cops are human just like the rest of us. You try to make one angry and he/she might just whoop your ....On the other hand I have never seen someone who was nice and compliant getting the crap beat out of them.

• Anon
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

Even If someone resisting, can only can be fought with equal, not excess, force.

• james
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Cop misconduct, Cop brutality, Then letting them get away with it. Never seeing any wrong in themselves. Causes the citizen to not trust them. To want nothing to do with the likes of them. With out citizen support the cops can not exist. So as today all they are good for is to stay on the streets. Raise coins for there judge. Be a public threat. People will not put up with such forever. With out law there is no law in a land. & the law must be just & fair. America has become a lawless land because of what the cops are today.

• Anon
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

My Bad, for that Anon Blueface idiot...sorry..

• Cee
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Manners matter.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Its certainly a "problem" when it happens to You.

Pulled out of bed at 3 am, NO crime, arm twisted. Arm twisted JUST after shoulder surgery. You Say that, they twist Harder. You Challenge them, tell them drop that badge and belt and go for it like a Man. They pussy out. Can only be on the "winning " side with their buddies to back them. You sue them, their buddies and dept. Lies.

Cops go over Locked gate into back yard, don't "bother " to Knock when they are Supposed to. Call was an Infraction; they took it as a Violent Felony .I filed complaints a on all 3, they didnt, like it, Too Bad. Bad Cops shouldn't be, or they shouldn't do anything outside of Policies and Procedures and then think no one will know or care. A lawyer said I'd win a suit.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Cause your black

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

cause noone needs it

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because people with authority can d horrible things

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Hi Mr. Troll

• 9 months ago

I think there are multiple issues. I think that a lot of people who grow up aspiring to be cops are generally kids that aren't popular while growing up. That gives them a chip on their shoulder that they later bring to the job when they have some control. I also feel that a lot of them don't know how to separate the personal life problems we all have from their work. A cops finds out his wife has been racking up credit card debt and takes it out on the next person that pushes him to the edge. Another reason I think it's an issue is sort of due to "the good ole boys club" mentality. It's been going on for years and I'm sure in the past it was much more widely accepted and sometimes even bragged about among peers.

I'm not sure if they give exact reasons, but I'd recommend two nearly 25 year old songs (read the lyrics with them) to give you a little insight on this topic. One is "In the Line of Duty" by Eightball & MJG. The other being "Who Got the Camera?" by Ice Cube. Both songs are fantastic and well ahead of their time.

Having said all this, I will note that I do not believe all cops to be this way. It's only been in recent times that technology has allowed some of these crooked ones to be exposed. They do have a tough job.

• Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

No one has any business being a cop if they expect to win a popularity contest. Nor if they cannot control themselves and follow their OWN policies and procedures 100%.

• 9 months ago

Human nature ensures that perfection exists in no organization. And when police, or anybody in authority, behaves in a criminal manner, it undermines the function of their organization.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.