When you pay rent, arenyou paying for last month or for current stay?

A friend of mine just moved in to my house on march 20th, take note I have paid my mortgage for the month of March so to help her atleast, im not asking for any payment for march. but would like her to pay on april 3rd or 3rd day each month since thats the last day of mortgage payment but she disagreed, she... show more A friend of mine just moved in to my house on march 20th, take note I have paid my mortgage for the month of March so to help her atleast, im not asking for any payment for march. but would like her to pay on april 3rd or 3rd day each month since thats the last day of mortgage payment but she disagreed, she believes im asking payment too early because she moved in on the 20th then she should be paying every 20th of each month. Then I explained to her that Im basically giving her free rent of 2weeks in March, and thay payment in April 3rd she will be giving me is to cover the entire month of April. I told her too that rent is paid in advance monthly, anyway is it still okay for her to pay on the 20th? instead of 3rd of April rent, how do I explain it to her?