How do I get over a crush I haven't seen in two years?

When I was a freshman I was questioning my sexuality a lot and after a lot of thinking I realized that I am a lesbian. One of the main reasons I realized that was because I started forming a huge crush on my art teacher. She was just so funny and cute and we had so much in common. She even told me on more than one... show more When I was a freshman I was questioning my sexuality a lot and after a lot of thinking I realized that I am a lesbian. One of the main reasons I realized that was because I started forming a huge crush on my art teacher. She was just so funny and cute and we had so much in common. She even told me on more than one occasion that I was her favorite student. This crush went on into soft more year and it only grew to the point where I was in love. I knew nothing would happen bc it was unrealistic and she had a boyfriend.But things at home were awful and she always made me feel better. We had started talking outside of school on Facebook and that definitely didn't help with my crush. (She didn't know I had a crush I think she just thought she was being a role model since I had a bad family life) when I came back to school junior year I found out she moved in with her boyfriend across the state and was teaching at a different school. I was so depressed after that. You'd think by now, at the end of my senior year, I would have gotten over her. But I haven't. Im in a better place at home and I'm not depressed about her being gone but I still think about her a lot and I can't help but still feel like I love her. I saw that she is engaged on Facebook and I know I should be happy for her but it makes me a little sad. She was the only crush I've had where I was truly in love. How do I get over it? It's been two years. How long do you think it will be before I truly get over it.
1 answer 1