Being active with asthma help?

I’m 19, and all through my life I’ve played sports. Soccer, baseball, basketball, you name it I’ve played it. My asthma only bothered me when I was very little, then once I was put on Singular and a rescue inhaler I’ve been fine. Last year in high school I played basketball and football with no problems, often running for hours continuously with no issue. But a few months back, I had a bad asthma attack playing basketball with my friends. Ever since then, during normal daily activity I feel like my chest is tight, and that I’m weezing. I went to the doctor and he put me on Dulera to take morning and night, I’ve been taking it for about 2 weeks now. Some days I feel better some days I don’t. Should I go to a pulmonologist or try to exercise and see how the dulera is working? I don’t see how I can go from a very active lifestyle to none at all, very strange. There must be something that can be done.

• 1 year ago

I would ask the doctor to send you to a pulmonologist if you have to be referred.

Childhood asthma usually will come back about 60% of the time.

1 year ago

i would talk to your doctor about it and be careful about exercising too rnuch