Living on a sail boat in Florida and learninng how to sail!?

What’s a good fairly priced sail boat that could possibly make crossings in the future or to the Bahamas!?? Or a good spot to look for one and what’s harbors etc??

• fuzzy
    1 year ago

Can be done cheaply IF you are 1/ Experienced & 2/ are happy with very basic accommodation. A number of Matt Layden's Paradoxes have crossed to the Bahamas & back as an example of minimalist cruising (Google the design.)

First thing though is to become an extremely experienced sailor. By the time you've really learnt to sail you wont need to ask here.

1 year ago

A live aboard that is capable of making the trip .

Your going to have to budget for about $200,000 plus mooring and maintenance's expenses

and take a crew of at least one more!

$8,000 will buy you a harbour run around.

• 1 year ago

There are only two happy days in a boat owners life. The day he buys it and the day he sells it.

• 1 year ago

I would got with the early Catalinas; 27 or 30 ft.

• 1 year ago

First of all, there is no such thing as a fairly priced New sail boat- you'll want one used I imagine. I liked my O'day- 19 feet I think it was? Wouldn't want to take it out in 10 foot waves but was ok in 5 foot, but pretty slow.

1 year ago

I'd say less than $8,000. Where? I don't want to advertise anyone's business on Yahoo.

I'm sure you're capable of making phone calls to harbors. I don't know what "what's harbors etc" means.

• sk8er1 year agoReport

I meant a good decently priced boat model that could make a crossing! And if you don’t know what etc means I don’t know what to tell you haha