Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 8 months ago

Why do Americans hate Green technologies?

Are they Anti-Science??

38 Answers

Relevance
  • Shon
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

They only have name Green technology but are not actually.

• 8 months ago

Lou Reed's lyrics in "Last Great American Whale" left me to wonder:

Americans don't care too much for beauty

They'll **** in a river, dump battery acid in a stream

They'll watch dead rats wash up on the beach

and complain if they can't swim

https://youtu.be/xTlsSXNT2bg

Youtube thumbnail

I feel sure most Americans are impressed with Green technologies though, and Lous lyrics were in support of caring more for the environment, which most do today.

• 8 months ago

they don't???

• 8 months ago

weird

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

They are not against it, many of them do not understand it for one. Plus it has been shamed on us pretty much over night. Such things all ways face resistance to start with. People need to be far better educated as well as our Government, to help acceptance take place.

• Grace
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

That is not true because where I live there is a recycle bin.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Republicans are certainly anti-science - actually more like science illiterate - they don't realize how stupid their arguments sound, even at a first-grade level of human understanding.

Truly republicans have become the party of stupid.....sad.

• vulcan_alex
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Sure they are, and cowboys just got to ride horses and wild bulls.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

This is my view on what you ask, even though your question is worded totally wrong. You see, Americans do not hate Green technologies, they don't. In fact many people would like to proceed with green technologies, they really do. So, what is stopping them? Big corporations, big business and politicians.

You see corporations and big businesses depend on fossil fuels so they can continue making products for profit. It takes A LOT of money to transition a business from being dependent on fossil fuels to convert to solar power, wind power or water power. They are simply not willing to nor do they have the money to do so. We have known about green energy for a long time but do not implement it's use due to GREED and that is the bottom line.

Greed? Too many people are making too much money on the production and sale of petroleum. No one is willing to give up their income. The root of all evil is GREED. Politicians are raking in the campaign contributions and legislators do not have the best interests of our environment to make the right choices toward the Green Energy transition.

Every high way light that is replaced or newly installed should be solar powered. All new construction should be solar powered or at least use solar to supplement their energy usage. A certain percentage of cars should be affordable green energy alternatives. There needs to be more companies offering green energy choices for residential and commercial applications. The supply and demand is way off kilter.

Solar Power is not a complicated or expensive matter, but it costs a helluva lot of money to have solar power. Money that people in today's economy just do not have at their disposal. Even the hybrid and electric cars begin at $32,000.00 at the base model cost. That is expensive for most people.

For god's sake, in 1983 I bought a cottage with water rights and fantastic water views for $36,000.00. Yes, times have changed, but the cost of green energy is outrageous. AND THAT is what is preventing people from following through. Sure, there are tax credits, but you have to pay for the green energy first.

If I bought a green car and wanted solar panels and geothermal energy, I would have to take out a $100,000.00 loan, on top of my mortgage and living expenses. Not many people have that income to debt ratio to even finance such a project.

All new homes SHOULD be BUILT with green energy features.

• 8 months ago

Obama tasked the US Air Force to attempt to make jet fuel from algae. They were successful, and the jet fuel made from algae worked great. However, it cost $165/gallon to produce. The Dept. of Defense usually buys jet fuel derived from petroleum for less than $2/gallon.

Even if you could cut the cost of algae derived jet fuel by a factor if 10, it would still cost ~8 times the cost of petroleum.

Yes, I do hate 'green technology' if it is as ridiculous as jet fuel from algae.

• 8 months ago

Does Solyndra ring a bell?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.