Does it brother, frustrate & irritate most Americans & Canadians that the EU is closed to them apart from 90 day holidays only?

That unless they marry a local, invest a large amount of capital into a business or have a rare skill and ability, they can never experience (and also learn the language by the same way) by permanently living and working there?

This involves commuting to work to do the same job they do at home every morning on the local bus, tram, train or metro in Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Milan, Barcelona, Dublin et al.

Such a life experience also gives a change of scenery as well.

On this coming Monday morning they cannot swop stateside for Euroside.

It also goes vice versa as well, but do many regret and find that a shame that they will never get to be in an office or a shop and meet people over here as well?

It’s like being a captive audience at home watching what is happening on the other side of the Atlantic but not being able to personally experience and participate in it themselves.

In short, they are ‘locked out.’

Any views?

Update:

The EU also offers up to six weeks paid annual leave per year.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

it works both ways.. the same rules apply to Europeans wanting to live and work in the USA

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

NO.. doesnt bother us at all.. It is even so bad there are member countries in it that are wanting out... Why would you like a complete different country and a few people sitting in a office to rule over your finances like they do... You are so gulable to fall for the EU in the first place....

• 1 year ago

Yes the homeland is connected to me but it's not in my power to do anything.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

There probably are a few North Americans who pine for the "Old World". But most people here who long to leave are hoping to go to warmer climates in the tropics.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Nope.

• 1 year ago

No I could not possibly care less.

• 1 year ago

I love America because we have freedom

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Does it bother frustrate and & irritate most Europeans that they live in small countries which wish to break up into even smaller countries, and that they lack the size and will to defend themselves?

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

No one cares about sh!thole Europe.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

No

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.