Who should take over after Joe Maddon for the Cubs?

This is the last year of his contract, and if the Cubs don't improve, and miss the playoffs, i can't see them bringing him back. Plus, he's 65, and may be looking to retire soon anyway, and drive cross country in his RV. After winning it all in 2016, the Cubs lost in the following NLCS, and never past... show more This is the last year of his contract, and if the Cubs don't improve, and miss the playoffs, i can't see them bringing him back. Plus, he's 65, and may be looking to retire soon anyway, and drive cross country in his RV.

After winning it all in 2016, the Cubs lost in the following NLCS, and never past the Wild Card game last year. For whatever reason, nothing's really changed.

it's still early, so i'm not even close to giving up, but Joe will certainly be on the hot seat if the team doesn't start playing like we know they can. the mets started 11-1 last year, then finished fourth. it's a long season.

Girardi is probably the easy favorite. but who else is out there, unless they promote from within? Maybe Ryne Sandberg?
3 answers 3