Hannah asked in PetsBirds · 1 year ago

What can I do to help this duck? Or make her more comfortable?

Hello!

For the past two days, possibly longer since we were on break, there has been a duck chilling in the school s courtyard. We get a lot of rain here so there was a giant puddle that they were swimming in, but it s drying up fairly quickly. She had a male accompanying her yesterday but he seems to have left. I fed her carefully today from my classroom because I don t want to hurt her. I named her Philip. She tried to stretch out her wing but she was struggling. She s all alone there and I was wondering what I should do for her because the water is almost gone. I don t want her to get hit by a car or anything. Who should I call if she is injured? I m sorry that it s really weird that I have become emotionally invested in this duck. She s a really cool duck and hung out with me during class. Philip is my buddy and I wanna make sure she s healthy :,)

1 year ago

There is nothing "weird" about your connection to animals, and Yaboo has mental health issues, which you already know. He posts constantly about cruelty to animals. Ignore him.

In MY City Animal Control will come and care for the duck. The SPCA also has a wildlife crew which is caring and kind and does amazing work!

I don't know how old you are. I do know your parents should be so very proud of you. To care for any animal, to care this much for a duck, to be concerned, well, just very, very touching, bring back faith in how people can be if they would only try.

I hope the duck is okay. And thank you for caring.

• Hannah1 year agoReport

I hope that she is okay as well. I will comment an update for you tomorrow! Thank you so much for the information! I have a baby brother who's much younger than I am so I help care for him. This has resulted in a nurturing attitude towards all sorts of creatures, especially my lil animal friends! c:

• 1 year ago

be aware that this is the time when male ducks become frenzied, if this is a mallard female she has left the pond, lake or wherever which is habitat. this is due to the hormones of male ducks violently attacking females (not their own mates)....the female mallard is driven from her habitat and frequently becomes injured or dies (due to predation while on the ground)...read up on male duck behavior in the spring...

• 1 year ago

Google "wildlife rescue" and where you live and have an adult drive you and the duck there. They'll take care of her and hopefully she can eventually be let free again. Thank you for caring!!!!

• 1 year ago

rnaybe you can get her a little swirnrning pool for her to swirn in or take her horne as a pet

1 year ago

A Wildlife Rescue Group will help if there is one in your area. The SPCA usually has a wildlife rescue, and they are dedicated to their jobs.

And ignore Yaboo - he is desperate for attention and obviously has issues. I believe in karma. You know, what you do comes back to you tenfold.

• 1 year ago

Call the local animal shelter, bird rescue, or Audubon society.

• 1 year ago

Put him the oven for a while, maybe add some mandarine sauce and some veg to keep him company :3