Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 1 year ago

Help me decide where to live? Thinking about moving in a couple years.?

The entire world is pretty much an option. Here are some of my thoughts though:

-Temps no lower than 20's (*F), highs don't really matter...50-70 would be the sweet spot. Snow/cold sucks.

-Relatively safe area...I'm not an idiot and I know how to watch out for trouble.

-Relatively liberal. And by that I mean I don't want to live in a theocracy, or an authoritarian dictatorship.

-Bonus points if it's an Asian country, love their food and culture

-Decent economy...doesn't need to be absolutely booming but I'm not trying to get into an area with grinding poverty

-Living IN a huge city wouldn't be my first choice, I'd prefer to live in the outskirts of a bigger city/cities

-Somewhere that has at least decent relations with the USA

-English being a commonly spoken language is a plus

_______________________________________________________

I've been thinking about South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, England...or within the USA I'm thinking Nashville, Seattle, or somewhere on the east coast...thoughts?

1 year ago

The first thought is that no one has carte blanche to just pick a foreign nation and expect to be granted a visa to live there. Even if you're of such a high professional caliber that you'd qualify for work visas in these places, most of them also have some language requirements. Also you've picked some countries that have extremely tight immigration laws; South Korea and Japan. So I'd say that before you worry about climate you do some serious research on what's actually legally possible for you.

• 1 year ago

The days or YOU deciding are long past.in the world of international immigration. Over 1,000,000,000 others also want to move to some other country.

YOU ASK the country of choice if you can move in.They will answer with a YES or a NO.

The basic question you answer is what does your new country get out of it that they NEED. A certain education or work skill in demand at the time.for most.

Suggest you might want to try for a short term one year stay in many places. Look into a work holiday visa. Not to hard to qualify for and you are allowed to work and explore for about a year and then move on to some other place or go back home and start the process again for next country. If you like what you experience you can then try for a permanent or longer stay move.

For you it appears at this time a change of state will be much easier they are different coast to coast and north to south.

Not hard to look up weather /climate and select a place suitable to you.

That YOU can afford it, find a job or place to live is a separate issue to the weather forecast.

• 1 year ago

Philippines bro.

English is widely spoken, more so than all the other nations you mention except possibly England and the girls are hot and very accommodating. Second choice Thailand for similar reasons.