Boyfriend refuses to marry me? What am I doing wrong me?

I apologize about the long post, I just want an outsider's opinion. My boyfriend and I will be together 6 years here soon. We have a child, a house, a few loans together, and get along well. I ask him about getting married, and its always no. I've asked him if he feels it's too soon, if he doesnt... show more I apologize about the long post, I just want an outsider's opinion.

My boyfriend and I will be together 6 years here soon. We have a child, a house, a few loans together, and get along well. I ask him about getting married, and its always no. I've asked him if he feels it's too soon, if he doesnt believe in marriage, or if he wants to wait until I'm done with Medical School, and the answer was no to all. He proposed to a girl after 6 months of dating, and I asked him too if he wasnt ready because that hurt him, and he said no again as he stated he wanted to marry someone someday. Unfortunately he did cheat on me 3 years ago and told her he would marry her tomorrow if thats what it took, but came back to me. Not long ago I got upset because most of my friends are talking about getting married, are married, or are getting married, and I asked him if it was something to do with me, and he stated he just didnt want to marry me. It killed me as I asked him what I am doing wrong, and again he stated nothing as he claims I'm still good looking, he will be able to stay home when i become a doctor, and we get along very well. I asked him then why does he want to marry someone, but not me....which he had no answer to. He is an amazing guy, but it kills me because I want to get married, and by no means am I in a hurry as I'm willing to wait 10 years if that's what it takes, but I'm very confused. Has anyone else been in a situation like this and figured out what was wrong?