I for once like a law Donald Trump pass, but will banning bump fire capable guns make a difference?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

not really, it was just a knee-jerk political reaction, that way they can point to the ban & say "Look what great thing WE DID !!!!".

• 8 months ago

The ban is on bump stocks. The term 'bump fire capable guns' is literally MEANINGLESS. I point of fact, a bump stock has ZERO effect on the capability of ANY gun. It only makes it easier for a person that DOESN'T know what they are doing to pull and release the trigger at a faster rate.

• 8 months ago

1. It wasn't a law. It was a regulation issued by the BATFE.

2. It won't make a damn bit of difference. Bump fire allows you to shoot faster, but you lose all accuracy. It's basically spray and pray. I say an aimed shot every second or two would be more effective.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

A bump stock can be made from a yard stock and rubber bands. They are a total waste of ammunition. It's a "feel good"' B.S. ban.

I know that 58 people dying is a lot of carnage. He used 1000s of rounds 'spraying and praying' to do that.

A trained marksman would have done way more damage and fired many less shots doing it.

In NV they passed a law that mirrors federal law with little additions. Like adjusting trigger pull and polishing parts, things that many shooters do, is going to be illegal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

NO......name more than one time a "bump stock" was used during the commission of a crime....I can only remember one time reported nationally..... and that was Las Vegas... and it really had little to no bearing on the number of casualties...in facet probably kept the casualties lower than it could have been.... any reasonably trained shooter could have done more damage with a standard semi-auto... even in 22 ca..... a bump stock is only good for close in self defense.... it is no good at any range like it was in Las Vegas.... of course even an insane person with no training is going to hti something if they keep shooting long enough.... and NOTHING is going to stop insanity from finding a way to kill

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Even in the Vegas shooting you refer to, there was a bump stock AT THE SCENE, but no evidence it was USED.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.