My husband is a US Naturalized Citizen from Mexico. We travel to Mexico a lot to visit family. We’re interested in his brother and his?

Wife & 2kids to come visit us in the US for a couple of weeks during summer vacation. He has registered carpenter shop and he owns his home and some land. He’s not rich, but he does ok to support him and his family. He has about equivalent to $4000 US saved up in his bank account. Would this be convincing enough to a consulate officer to grant him and his family a tourist visa and because he has family in the US would that help his case?

P.S. please no nasty comments.

5 Answers

  • 2 years ago
    Favourite answer

    I suggest you play this safe and have brother visit alone first. Make it a short trip. He will have a much easier time getting a visa if he leaves his family in Mexico because it will show that he has closer ties to Mexico than to the US.

    Once he has done one trip and has returned to Mexico, he will be in a much stronger position to be given a visa for his whole family.

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    Of course you'll never know until he applies for a tourist visa. But that sounds like sufficient ties to his home country to me. Owning a business and a home are the gold standard.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    His family apply for a tourist visa themselves, your involvement will not helo them at all as it shows ties to the US... where as they need to show ties to Mexico.... and no 'consultant' provides a visa, ALL and any visa are only supplied from the US Government

  • 2 years ago

    1. Having relatives in the US constitutes "ties" to US, and is a serious negative.

    2. USD4000 is a bit short for a family of 4 for 2 weeks. Don't know where you are or where they are. But round-trip plane fare/transportation for 4, local/ground transportation, hotels, restaurant meals, sightseeing admission fees, etc. will likely run a lot more than $4000. Your BIL must prove sufficient funds of his own for all typical tourist expenses, so you cannot help. Stay totally out of it! And he must prove his ties to his own country - e.g. his business, property, kids' school, etc. - compel them all to return home promptly.

    Since he owns a business which depends on his presence to operate, owns a home & property, that latter should be pretty good. Having relatives in US & too little money is his big obstacle. He should cost out everything - online research for transportation, hotels, what sightseeing attractions are in the area & their admission fees, restaurant meals, etc. E.g. just for restaurant meals for 4 every day, even with occasional McD's for breakfast or lunch, will easily run $100/day & up.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    it rnight, you need to talk to irnrnigration about all this

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.