Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 7 months ago

Is 22 too old to start college for a girl in America?

I'm looking for an honest answer. Don't worry about my feelings. I'm a 22 year old girl, born and living in California. I graduated high school when I was 18, like most people. I worked a minimum wage job at a dinner for 4 years. Now, I feel like a loser for being 22 and not being in school in yet. I want to start a bachelor degree in accounting. Is 22 too late?

Also, what percentage of women start college at 22?

I’m in my first year and I got 40 year olds in my classes. Entry level classes might I add. So no, 22 is actually young

People who switch careers go back to school at all different ages. And some people take a year off or a bunch of years off after high school and start later. It’s no biggie. In fact older people in college classes sometimes have more to contribute because of their job/career/parental/life experiences and professors often like them for that reason. .My son who is a freshman says he has 70 year olds in some of his classes. He says one of his professors even lets an older guy in the class kind of take over the class sometimes because the guy’s funny and has great stories to tell. A lot of older people are even taking classes now because learning new stuff is proven to keep your brain healthier as you age. Here in Connecticut people over 62 can even take college courses for free. Pretty good deal. No it’s never too late to start. Ever.

You are never to old to get an education. There are 60 year olds in college and no one seems to care.

I wouldn't have thought so

No I don’t think you are ever too old.

No. Plenty of people start at 22 and finish at 26 or 27.

Not at all! I know a woman who went to college for the first time at thirty-two.

absolutely NOT. but it'd be much cheaper to go to community college for the first 2 years then transfer to 4 year university.

• zipper

HELL NO! Not at all, now you have a better idea of what you want out of college. And you is done with the foolishness too!

No, not at all. At my community college, the average age was 26. You're fine.

Stop caring what other people think. It's not your business to please people.