Can I swim without losing weight?

I’m slim but healthy weight. I wouldn’t say skinny. I’m starting swimming again but I’m scared it’ll make me lose weight when preferably I want a little more weight.

Has anyone got any pointers on extra snacks I can eat to keep/gain weight?

Favorite Answer

Swimming (like any exercise, some more than others) burns some calories, but that doesn't mean you can't swim without losing weight. Some people automatically eat a little more when they're burning more calories. If you're "naturally thin" (meaning your habits keep you thin without much conscious effort), that might not apply to you. I suggest that you watch your weight as you start swimming, and if it's going down, consciously add some calories to your diet to make up the difference. If you want to gain weight, I suggest mixing yourself a protein shake every day. That will help you put on some weight, and because you're doing a full-body workout by swimming, it'll probably come on in a flattering way, too.

• Sea

Yes, but if you join a team you will need lots of healthy body building foods and nutrients everyday. Bake a bag of potatoes and refrigerate. Eat 1 or 2 a day like an apple.

Source(s): I knew a female champion body builder who did this. Nephew was Champion on Swim Team.

I would prefer to eat more than exercise, but you may still lose weight.

swim can exercise u,not only lose your weight

Swimming helps you gain great muscle strength!

no, you will gain and keep muscle

You can do anything without losing weight if you eat enough.

Lotsa pasta.

An increase in physical activity (burning more calories) will cause you to lose weight. You may need to ate something, such as a protein shake, to your diet to compensate for the swimming - and to add more protein so that your body is able to produce more muscle

• How often should I drink a protein shake? Sometimes I’ll swim once a week and sometimes I’ll swim twice a week.

Just by swimming you will not lose weight. Losing weight is mostly about diet. If you eat enough, then you won't necessarily lose weight unless you swim 20 hours a week!

I used to swim 5 hours a week and never lost a single pound since I ate normally. However, when I combined swimming with diet I lost a lot of weight.

Just make sure that your calorie intake isn't less than the calories you burn.