goring
Lv 6
goring asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 year ago

Could we have been wrong about the definition of a Black hole?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

No. How can a definition be "wrong"? If people misunderstand or REFUSE to understand the MEANING OF the definition, WHO is "wrong"? The definers or the people who cannot or refuse to understand the meaning. The original meanings and concepts get lost because people are JUDGING each other and arguing just for the sake of arguing UNPRODUCTIVELY. All that wasted emotional energy spent on feeding people's parasitic egos.

The original definition and meaning and concept of the black or unknown hole is lost in the argument about the credibility of the definers. Many people either do not know or forget that " black" is a synonym for "unknown" in many scientific contexts.

Are you happy now, goring, or whoever asked the original question? Or is your ego still hungry for more attention?

• 1 year ago

An object so massive not even light can escape gravity's pull. Sounds good to me. The iffy part is the details... but I can guarantee you there is no wormhole and no time travel in there.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

I would love to know why you think that, what do you think "we" know about black holes that "we" didn't know before...?

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Some one came up with the theory of black holes then decided to name them that. So the gravity of a star could be so vast that when the star burns out it's mass collapses in on itself forming a black hole 🕳️🤔

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Please elaborate, and who do you mean by "we"?

• goring
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

The whole scientic community which we are part of

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I do not know, just do not get next to one whatever the definition is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.