Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 year ago

I have jury duty?

Update:

Upon getting the letter i grew angry. i immediatly called the number which i had to google because it wasnt posted on it... (go figure) i am so radically opposed to serving. I ended up swearing at the woman , she said dont speak to me that way so i hung up. While im in school now i wont be in late may... I did see a therapist about a year ago. I want to write them a letter for excuse....

Update 2:

can i tell them im radically oppsed to this, like ever.. i actually fear ill be arrested if i have to attend because im going to be vulgar, rude, and i fear i will swear. i will not cooperate at all, not one single F%$%$$ bit none...nada.... by law i have to be there... its an old battered system from 1066 thats used today as a means for cheap labor...

Update 3:

is this an authoritarian and communist government now? What will happen if i put what i just said in a letter.... its not against the law to be a piece of Sh#$.... but the pigs may try to get me for public disturbance just because they can and the system is corrupt ... i hate this man.... during the interview im going to make sure these co#$ suckers never ever dare summoning me again

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

first mistake... WHY did you even answer the letter... THEY HAD NO PROOF YOU EVER GOT IT UNTIL YOU ANSWERED IT... Nothing they can do for yo not showing up and IF THAT'S IF they knocked on your door... ITS AMERICA... they have to prove you broke the law... THEY CANNOT PROVE you ever got a summons unless you call them about it... EASY TEST... of all you know and you can even go google it... HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN ARRESTED and JAILED FOR NOT GOING TO JURY DUTY.... The answer ) not a one unless they got there checked in and then decided to just leave... NOT ONE PERSON has ever been taken from their home and locked up for not doing jury duty....

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Just tell them you are biased, prejudiced, against death penalty when you show in the courtroom for pre selection. Or that you are a full time student.

Works every time..

• 1 year ago

Congratulations on jury duty. It is an honor and a privilege.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Please do go on with your sad story

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

You have to be tough with these guys or they'll push you around. You go down to the court house and set them straight. Tell them they have no right to ask you for jury duty. If you need to, you can threat them with a gun.

• 1 year ago

If you say so.

• 1 year ago

take a john grisham book w you. or two

• Anon
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

Grisham doesn't know reversal from remanding.

• 1 year ago

Good for you. You want a gold start or something?

• 1 year ago

Okay... This is not Facebook this is Yahoo Answers

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.