Has anybody tried pizza with the red sweet and sour sauce? Am I weird for eating this food combination?

Today my step dad got Chinese food and had left over sweet and sour sauce, somehow I started craving pizza with it and I tried the combination and it was the most weirdest/wonderful combination of foods ever. Why was I craving it? I don’t know it just sounded so yummy together and now I have a favorite dipping sauce so go with my pizza instead of ranch, buffalo or any common sauce to go with pizza. Has anybody else tried it?? Am I weird for trying out this combination? If so I’m so sorry lol my mouth watered just by the though of sweet and sour sauce with pizza, first time trying it and I’m definitely going to be eating it often when I get the craving.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Its perfectly normal, the flavors matched, so it worked.

• 8 months ago

I asked at thechinese place b/c they serve pizza too and the lady just stared at me

• 8 months ago

Nope but i've tried it with fire sauce and it was pretty good.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Never tried that, but thanks for the suggestion.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I've seen just about everything on pizza these days. While I will not be eating the peas and carrots pizza that really exists on the menu somewhere, the fun of pizza even if Italians are rolling in their catacombs is the simplicity developed. That is, it's pure fat, protein, and carb. That sums up everything you eat, unless you're a pica freak eating couch stuffing. You can take it anywhere from taco pizza, to Chinese takeout pizza, to thanksgiving dinner pizza and beyond.

• K
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

If you're female, it's a good possibility you're pregnant. Pregnant women have very interesting cravings. If you're not female or you're not pregnant, you just have really interesting tastebuds lol. My mom always liked BBQ sauce in mashed potatoes. I didn't understand it either, but to each their own.

• CB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Sriracha drizzled over pizza is my go to sauce. To each his own.

• 8 months ago

The weirdness is that you have dipping sauce for pizza.

Dipping sauces are for crappy food.

This is pizza.

All you did was make me want to make sweet and sour pizza, because I've made them with bbq, chili sauce, taco sauce, ranch, buffalo wing sauce, nacho cheese, and sauted onions in a butter sauce.

Now I just have to figure out the right cheese.

• 8 months ago

Try it with sweet chilli dipping sauce too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.