Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 year ago

Creative way to ask my partners parents for their blessing?

Hi All,

Please can someone help me.

I am wanting to come up with a creative way to ask for a blessing before I ask my girlfriend to marry me.

I have been with my partner now for just under two years, we are matched for each other - We spend everyday together and I love her so much.

She’s helped me so much with things in life and she’s made me so happy and turned me into a stronger person. I know I want spend the rest of my life with her and I know she feels the same.

I am 22 years old and I know the time is right for me to ask her to marry me however I still would like to include the parents by asking for their blessing...however I am wanting to do this in a different way.

My plan is to propose to my partner whilst on holiday for our engagement but prior to the engament I am going to make a short video for her mother and father to watch...I am basically going to video myself at the first place I met my partner followed by our journey up to meeting her parents and all the things we have done with the family... I am then going to ask for their blessing and then video call them whilst I am on holiday.

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Liz
    1 year ago

If you still think of women as possessions, you have no business thinking about getting married. Grow up, get an education.

1 year ago

I'd go to the parents first and ask how they feel about people your age getting married. You're not really in the zone yet where statistics are in your favor. Do this first because you may get a "we really like you and in three years you'll have our blessing), which is what I'd be telling you if you were trying to marry my child.

• GEEGEE
    1 year ago

I'd be inclined to talk to her parents in a straightforward way, with out any creative touches. Save the creativity for the actual proposal, and put the fun spin there.

• Trish
    1 year ago

You could just ask but that video may not be such a bad idea either.

• 1 year ago

You graduated from high school just about four years ago. You are very young and as such, your brain is not even fully developed, through no fault of your own, because that happens when you are 25 years old. You may even still be teething as your molars are growing.

Your plan reflects your age. It really is kind of immature.

The right way to get a parental blessing is to go to her parents and ask them for their blessing for their daughter's hand in marriage BEFORE you go on that holiday.

• 1 year ago

No! Grow up. Her parents down want to see a high school art project. They want to know if you are mature enough and in a financial position to be a husband. Based on your post, the obvious answer is that you are not. Sorry. Being in love is wonderful. Thinking you've found your soulmate is amazing. These are not necessarily enough to have a successful marriage.

• 1 year ago

You really don't need to do this creatively. Just ask normally.

• drip
    1 year ago

No, no video. Geez.

1 year ago

again, think about it some more. don't post this question again. just THINK ABOUT IT. you're only 22 and don't even know how to ask her parents. there is something wrong there. meaning, you are too young.

• 1 year ago

I wouldnt bother asking them