What do users of Global Warming think of the proposed emergency Oregon bill that restricts restaurants from freely handing out straws?

Bill Title: Relating to a restriction on restaurants providing single-use plastic straws to consumers; declaring an emergency. Summary: Prohibits food and beverage provider or convenience store from providing single-use plastic straw to consumer unless consumer specifically requests single-use plastic straw SB... show more Bill Title: Relating to a restriction on restaurants providing single-use plastic straws to consumers; declaring an emergency.

Summary: Prohibits food and beverage provider or convenience store from providing single-use plastic straw to consumer unless consumer specifically requests single-use plastic straw

SB 90A, Oregon State Legislature: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/...
Update: And I see Dirac the troll tried to erase my original reply with his 20+ sock accounts. If a troll reports a post over 20 times, then it disappears. Unfortunately for our resident troll--I resurrected my answer. Nice try! lol
Update 2: Below is the post Dirac the Troll tried to erase. Now, even more people will read it. Thanks, Dirac!
Update 3: More statutory code means less freedom and more money out of your pocket. Almost every time you pass a law--you curb a freedom. More statutes means more code enforcement. So now, instead of having one code enforcer for a handful of statutes--you now have dozens of code enforcers for hundreds of statutes.... show more More statutory code means less freedom and more money out of your pocket. Almost every time you pass a law--you curb a freedom.

More statutes means more code enforcement. So now, instead of having one code enforcer for a handful of statutes--you now have dozens of code enforcers for hundreds of statutes. Contested statutes means more judicial employees. That's more government and more tax dollars. That is more money out of your pocket. It grows exponentially.
Update 4: A business can longer put out a straw dispenser on the counter. A customer asking for a straw adds one more task to an employee who was in the back room, but now has to come out to the counter and hand a straw to a customer. That costs you time and money. Multiply this statute by many like it, and you cost a... show more A business can longer put out a straw dispenser on the counter. A customer asking for a straw adds one more task to an employee who was in the back room, but now has to come out to the counter and hand a straw to a customer. That costs you time and money. Multiply this statute by many like it, and you cost a business. Pretty soon--no one wants to do business in your city or state.