Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 months ago

Just caught my dad sleeping with another woman. What do I do?

My mom works at night. I came back home at 12am and boom, I caught my dad with another woman. My mom and dad aren't on good terms, they don't even have sex from my understanding. They live together just to raise the kids.

BTW, my Mom knows the woman, in fact, they're "good friends" She's married. We're very good friends. Everyone in my family knows her family. I don't want to disclose a lot of info here, but I'm sure you get the whole thing.

Should I tell my mom Or just stay out their business to avoid adding damage to an already damaged relationship? I'm 20 btw.

Advice, advice!!

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Tell her I would be so angry with my daughter if she didn't and found out later I would feel double STUPID.... Tell her!!

• 8 months ago

Were they snoring? Maybe she had a sleeping disorder and he is helping her? Oh Sex? Let it go its own way. Stay out of it. The only person you may confront is your dad. And listen him out. Do not point fingers. No one is without mistakes. And big or small mistakes. Does not matter. And you admit they have some sexual differences. Why are you even worrying? I would say nothing. Tell your mom and she would increase her sexual boycott from 20 years to 50 years. My guess

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Tell mom and you know way too much about your parents

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes tell your mother because if you don’t things well get worse if she finds out she has a right to know.

Also tell the other woman “the so called friend of your mom” your gonna tell her husband if she continues with the affair.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Tell. On him let him know you know he is cheating.

• 8 months ago

Don't confront anybody as it'll only stir the pot and the pot has already been stirred enough.

• chris
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The "ONLY" thing you should do is tell your Dad that you think it is very disrespectful that he is doing it in their house. (Your Mom and Dads house)

If he's going to do that, he should do it elsewhere!

By the way, where is this ladies husband when she is out screwing around at midnight?

• 8 months ago

What you do is stay out of it.

• MARIAN
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

I think it'd be best if u talk to your dad & let him know that u witnessed it! Tell him that he has to tell your mom so you won't be put in it. Give him a specific deadline ( ex.if u don't tell her by Saturday or Sunday, I will) & if he won't do it then he's forcing u to. Tell him that would be very selfish & showing he doesn't love either of u!

• David
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

You have to stay out of it.

1st, you don't know that your dad was doing something that your mom was not aware of. There are many marriages where a husband or wife seeks lovers with PERMISSION. In that case, it's clearly not your business.

2nd, it could be that dad is trying to be sneaky. If so, then he's stupid as mom will find out eventually. And she won't need help from her child to do that.

In a worst-case scenario, this is an issue for your mom to work out with your dad, if you can. Your input will not be welcome by either your mom or your dad.

A marriage is just between two people. You don't have the right to interfere in the marriage just because one of them gave birth to you. If you say anything, it justs adds another level of complication to a situation that is already pretty messed up.

Your mom does not need your help. Either she knows already, or she will soon.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.