Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 year ago

How do I find a reason and purpose for life?

My back story is in my early 20's I made an extremely large amount of money. I won't go in to the details but I sold it for a large amount and invested in bitcoin which I sold last year and now I have more money than I ever know what to do with.

The issue I have is that I feel I have lost my way. I'm partying and drinking all the time which obviously is great but I want more out of life. I don't have the motivation to start another business as there is no need. It's sounds like I'm just a rich boy bragging but I am a bit miserable and don't really know what to do.

• 1 year ago

Go out for more purposeful things. Go on a hike, go out to eat by yourself so you can just think. I've heard meditation is helpful too. Also, any hobbies you have picked up. Maybe try going to lessons for a certain instrument?

• 1 year ago

First, sober up so you can think straight. Go to a therapist and spend some of that hard earned coin to find out what makes you tick.

Whatever you find out, if you figure out how to be useful to other people, you will begin to feel happiness and purpose.

Do what you wanted to do when you were 10. Cowboy? Astronaut? Ballplayer? Figure out how to be part of that life now. Hardly anyone says at age 10, I want to be rich and waste my life drinking and getting laid.

Source(s): I wanted to be a writer and now I am one.
  • 1 year ago

meaningful company is very important my brother,first and foremost in such a situation,find good company to give you good council sense of direction,dont know how much money it is but you could invest it in the first place because soon or later you will not have any of it and usually its hard making any more money and at that moment the rest of your life is in ruins and you could be history shortly after.

• Logan
    1 year ago

Sounds like you're over partying and drinking so stop doing that and find a hobby. Go hiking or something, learn a trade, just do something different with your life that you are not currently doing.

• 1 year ago

If you feel as if you don t know what else there is to life, travel. Travelling keeps you young and doing so can be an adventure. Where to travel to? You could go to the Swiss Alps, see the northern lights or if cold is not your thing, go south to the hustle and bustle of Istanbul or the peace and tranquillity of Bali. If bored and have money to spare (as you say) then travel.

• nt
    1 year ago

BS TROLL

• Erik
    1 year ago

more first world problems

• Andy C
    1 year ago

The meaning of life is to persist in the face of imminent destruction.

Everything is destined to be broken down and to fall apart. This concept is known as entropy. It is the fate of all reality. Rocks to gravel, gravel to sand, sand to silt and atoms to quarks and bosons. Nothing survives.

However, life is unique in that it found a way to persist in spite of ultimate destruction. DNA replicates in order to make this happen.

This is why reproduction is the meaning of life. NOT sex, but reproduction.

In our case, reproduction lasts 18-80 years (birth, rearing). This purpose of life is the ultimate goal of life.

Any other meaning, you have to create. Your windfall was birth, but squandering it is entropy. Pursue a relationship that is not contingent upon money and get kids.

Fight entropy because it's noble and your purpose, not partying like it's 1999.

• A.J.
    1 year ago

You lost some things along the way. Value of life, excitement in overcoming a challenge, need and value of other people.

This may sound odd to you, but I think you're bored and lonely. The world is something that happens around you and you visit it, and leave.

I am retired, younger friends living in Las Vegas, financially very secure, but not wealthy, but I devoted many years to an active career and prefer a slower pace now. I know a semi-retired real estate investor with about 6 or 7 condos around the world in nice locations. He has many millions of dollars available, and still does a real estate deal here and there and travels among his apartments.

You need your own purpose, whatever it is you choose to make it. You may need true friends and a life partner that's the right one. You need an interest and you must assess what that would be.

add- I can't recommend what should be personal from a huge list. Part of it..

Education and classes, a collection of rare items, a hobby, sport, or any art form to participate or observe, a noble charity to be a part of, an event planning, visit friends and relatives or make new ones, travel or explore, seek a faith, lending and investing in new ideas, what can you make a difference in the world?, set up a scholarship fund and be a part of the selection process, - - - -

1 year ago

You have a self-discipline problem. No one can fix that but you.