Can I work at a non-profit in another country while on probation for marijuana possession?

I am going to do a Study Abroad trip this summer in Panama. I will be doing an internship with a non-profit. I am on probation for marijuana possession though, and in the States, any place that receives federal funding does a federal background check and therefore can see my pending charge. Will this become an... show more I am going to do a Study Abroad trip this summer in Panama. I will be doing an internship with a non-profit. I am on probation for marijuana possession though, and in the States, any place that receives federal funding does a federal background check and therefore can see my pending charge. Will this become an issue in Panama, however, as they do not receive federal funding from the U.S.? Do you think my program provider will be the one to run the background check, and if so, could they see it somehow?
I don t know if I should fess up and tell my program provider and risk them dropping me, or keep my mouth shut and hope for the best.