Ella asked in PetsDogs · 1 year ago

Moving out of family home with my dog?

Hi there this has been keeping me up all night because I'm a very anxious person but basically my partner and I are planning on moving in Together within the next sort of year. I currently live in my family home with my dog who is mine to pay for, walk, take care of ect and I'm suddenly worrying about her being left on her own for a long period of time. Currently she's left alone for around 4-6 hours a day because my family come home and can let her out but when it's just me and my partner we both work long shifts so I'm not sure what to do. Getting in rid of her is not an option and neither is leaving her with my parents as they wont have her I'm so worried about this.

Please help I love my dog so much I am looking at changing my job to shorter hours/ late shifts so she isn't alone for too long although I don't know how well this will work financially.

• 1 year ago

Get a dog walker or take your dog to doggy day care.

1 year ago

SELL DOG

• Ocimom
    1 year ago

Is the dog used to be crated? You could use a baby gate and block off a room where she can stay while you are not there. Is she used to other animals, like a cat? If so, then consider adopting a cat too as a companion for the dog.

• Me
    1 year ago

find someone who will stop by and let her out once a day. A friend of mine has someone who does it on days he is stuck late in the office. It is good for the dog and also gives you peace of mind.

• 1 year ago

You could work opposite shifts.

Or pay a dog walker to take her out twice a day.

Or drop her off at a doggy day class.

• 1 year ago

Which is why you don't get a dog when you're a teenager if the PARENTS don't want it.

Give it to a no-kill shelter. Shame on you being so selfish and adopting this dog.

• 1 year ago

i think your dog will be fine. no need to worry dogs don’t really have a concept of time. so if your worried about the bathroom issue maybe get a doggy door.

1 year ago

Just ask one of the neighbors to take her out an feed her.Most neighbors are good that way.There's people who are retired and there's students who could use some spending money after school.Just remember to return the favor when they need help.

1 year ago

Let's see. You won't leave her with your family but you can't adequately care for her if you move out of your family's home.

I guess you don't move out.

Ownership is in the name of the REGISTERED OWNER, not who walks/feeds her.

1 year ago

just pay sorneone to stay with her

• Karen
      1 year agoReport

Another problem solved by Pearl! Or Pearl L - whichever name she's using today.