Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 year ago

I having sex during a "break" considered cheating?

My spouse and i took a break last year which lasted 2 months. We didn't agree to go on break she just kind of walked out basically with no reason or goodbye.

I spent literally the first entire month trying to find her and when i did her only words were " leave me alone". So i thought that was it honestly for us

So i cant lie i slept around and partied A LOT then by the end of the 2nd month she came back and explained she actually left to go seek help because she felt as if she was "loosing herself" and actually showed proof and records of her hiring a therapist and attending faithfully and she stayed with her mother.

A year later i still feel like **** some days, especially for the fact I had sex with about 5-6 different women on our bed while she was gone ( i even bought a new mattress ).

should i bring it up to her? did i really cheat?

Is it better to just keep it a secret?

• 1 year ago

To be fair to you she did just walk out with no explanation so it is reasonable to think that it was over. But you obviously feel bad about it.

Don't tell her, it probably won't help anything but go an see a therapist or something because it sounds like you need to get it off your chest and talk it out with someone.

• Crinky1 year agoReport

No I like this answer. Talking about this is asking for problems. Why would you do that?

1 year ago

It is if your still technically together.

• Robin
    1 year ago

If she has not asked - don't tell her. I think you did the normal thing -

• 1 year ago

He'll yes it is cheating and so wrong.

1 year ago

If you aren't divorced then yes it's cheating.

1 year ago

I broke up with someone and moved on then the ex came back. I don't consider it cheating we weren't even together.

• 1 year ago

She walked out.. you didn't know if she was ever coming back, so you lived your life accordingly. If you slept around, you did. This is what most men would do, anyway. It's the nature of the beast.

Why open Pandora's Box by telling her anything? Just move forward with your life. Some things are better left unsaid

• so
    1 year ago

No, she abandoned you. She may have had sex with other people too. You only know about a little of what she was doing.

1 year ago

i would keep quiet and enjoy the memories

• 1 year ago

If she said to leave her alone, what is the problem? No need to bring it up if she doesn't.....