Will Bethesda make Fallout 5 and can they please make you play around pre-Nuclear America for a couple hours BEFORE it's a wasteland?

Such a missed opportunity with Fallout 4 not letting player explore the town/city before it becomes a wasteland.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

A couple of hours would be a bit much I'd think, and since they did the brief tutorial in 4 I doubt they'd try it again. I think a situation where you were born and raised outside of a vault in a wasteland somewhere (pacific northwest maybe?) and had to survive some kind of attacks would be better.

But yeah, after Fallout 76 it's likely they will need a brand new team before a proper sequel comes out.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Hopefully they take their time and make it as good as fallout new vegas

• 7 months ago

hopefully they do

• 7 months ago

They did that with Fallout 3 in there dlc, and Fallout 2 had pre war segments but no one like it. So already experimented with the pre war stuff and it was given bad flack. So to avoid the bad flack they will probably won't do it again just saying.

• tony7 months agoReport

Lone wolf never said pre-war. Exact word was "pre-Nuclear America"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

When the game title is called Fallout, that would defeat the purpose.

It would be like having The Walking Dead campaign be pre-zombies.

• tony7 months agoReport

same with all those mafia games they all had detail back stories before the became gangsters and mafia members.

• 7 months ago

Besthesda isn't gone yet, though I suspect it will be a while before another Fallout game comes out.

I'd honestly be surprised if they features the pre-Nuclear America for a 'couple of hours' that's not really what the Fallout series is about. Maybe in another spin-off game.

• 7 months ago

It will be DLC that you have to pay in order to start the game.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Given how badly they fumbled fallout 76, it might be a while before they take a run at another single player fallout game, but as long as tbe game series is profitable, there will always be more

• Groove Thing7 months agoReport

Have you even played Fallout 76? It started receiving community feedback updates directly after release and just added another major update this month.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.