Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 year ago

Are you afraid of the unknown after death and hell after death?

• 1 year ago

I believe everyone is a bit scared of what happens when they take their last breath. Hell is mostly a Christian concept. Other religions do not believe we will experience eternal pain and suffering after living a sinful life. Hindus believe in reincarnation. We really do not know what awaits us on the other side.

• 1 year ago

Yes, that is natural to fear on unknown. However, renouciation can help - you would fear less if you have nothing to loss.

• Athena
    1 year ago

No, but that does not make me special or anything.

1 year ago

I’m MUCH more afraid of the evil people who make life BEFORE death such a hellish nightmare....no joke.

• 1 year ago

Not really. Usually philosophers aren't. I'm just more concerned in how to live this life better

• Raja
    1 year ago

No. Death is a permanent sleep without a dream. No one lives in any form after death. There are spirits but they are separate elements. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

There is no hell or heaven for human beings. They are only for spirits. I guess that the heaven is just the sky and hell is the prison for spirits. Good spirits are free to go anywhere in the sky but bad spirits are put in prison for certain years. Their lifetime is limited. If what they (spirits) have said is true then they live approximately for 500 years. This is close to the Indian Hindu's belief that a human being has seven births. That means Hindus believe in reincarnation but I don't. Spirits are separate elements. There is always a common fate which is always applicable to all creatures including human beings. That is, we are like other creatures except that we have an additional sense (sixth sense). This sense had changed only the living conditions of the human beings but not the fate. The fate is almost same to all creatures including human beings.

• 1 year ago

No. I believe my consciousness will cease to exist. I'm saddened by it rather than fearful of it.

• Dj2541
    1 year ago

No, once you are dead you are dead, but I would hope that people will remember me with kindness?

• 1 year ago

No - not really - but couldn't say why not. I was in a position to possibly die in the next 30 mins a couple of years ago, and I discovered I wasn't overly worried about it at all. Struck me as odd at the time, and odd now, but that's what it was. In any event, many have gone before us, we can't stop it, and it sure seems to be part of the master plan, whatever that is - so - what's for lunch?

• Nope. But I am afraid of the lack of life.

• 1 year ago

No..going to sleep forever doesn't scare me. Though it's not a pleasant thought, just miss loosing the things of this life.