Will I get the rental I want?

I found an ad I liked when I was house searching. It only had one picture though. And it said my application had to be approved to have a showing. So I applied, and I was approved.

On Friday I am going to see the place and I am confident I will like the place. I will be bringing the deposit with me.

But I am curious about the likelihood of me getting this house. When I approved, do they continue to receive applications and/or show the house? And when I go to see the house, will I be able to offer my deposit same day and sign the lease same day?

It is a property management rental.

They did let me know that the house is currently occupied and will be available May 20.

I am in California and house is in Stanislaus county.

Please let me know what you think.

• 1 year ago

They may ask for a deposit to hold the place for you - if you really want it. You will likely not be able to sign the lease on the same day. They will want to run background checks and check your references and credit. They aren't going to do that while you wait. They know your time is important too. If you are approved, they will call you and arrange to give you the key and sign the lease. Will you get it? Who knows?

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • 1 year ago

If they are showing you the house then its probably still available (could be looking for backup contracts but probably not). If you like it and are willing to put down an application the same day then you will probably get it. They could already have an application or could get one soon after you and then they'll probably take the best one but it sounds promising and sounds like you are already approved for it which is great.

• 1 year ago

the only way to tell is to call your psychic or wait to hear from the manager

• LILL
    1 year ago

1. They will require the security deposit AND first months rent at lease signing.

2. Yes, the will continue to accept applications until a lease is signed.

In other words, the rental is not secured until you sign the lease and pay all fees associated with the lease.

1 year ago

There is a special database which tracks and identifies Yahoo users who ask repetitive questions. They are often red-flagged and placed on a do-not-rent list used by landlords. At this point I think you made it, so your chances aren't good.

• 1 year ago

you have already rec'd answers to the same question

1 year ago

Possibly .

😉

• Sorry, its because I kept getting an error message as if it wasn't posted.

• 1 year ago

They will continue to take applications, but if it is still available you should have success.