Australia - Where is it best to live there?

Taking into consideration things like a reasonable cost of living, mid-range weather conditions (personally prefer to avoid dry 40°Cs desert conditions or the ice and snow), healthy environment, easy access to employment, services and within reasonable distance to the coast and/or beaches. Not a city person and have preferred to live in remote areas in the past. Where would you recommend?

• 1 year ago

Northeast NSW. Byron Bay is horrendously expensive but anywhere else is fine. The further inland you go, the cheaper the housing becomes.

• 1 year ago

Queensland is the best. Affordable and five-star housing, friendly and attractive locals, good weather, plenty to do if you're bored (going to Surfers Paradise beach at any time of day or night is free).

• 1 year ago

Too hot for my comfort. I also here Antartica had been melting. With the threat of Climate Change on the rise and a lots of lots of youtube videos, I don't know where the best place in Australia especially with a high climate that is really hot. Can't shower for more than 4 minutes at a time, and that's by law in Australia. And a country that is strict about it's echo system, no foreign animals, that is a good restriction. I don't know where the best place in Australia is with such scares.

• tentofield
      1 year agoReport

Can't shower for more than 4 minutes? Where did you hear that nonsense? That is the sort of fake news you hear from the Murdoch Press. Fox News was it?

1 year ago

My sister just moved to Kangaroo Valley about 10/15 minutes drive from Nowra in NSW.

Very peaceful area near the coast and has a nearby train service too Wollongong and Sydney.

1 year ago

Newcastle area

• Bill-M
    1 year ago
    1 year ago

where i live in semi-rural NSW is good because I rarely see a Muslim suits me

• Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

3 thumbs down any place without muslims is a good place to live

• 1 year ago

South Coast of NSW around one and a half hours south of Sydney City, country area but also within a few minutes to the beach, Kiama, Gerringong, or 10 minutes inland, a beautiful area.

1 year ago

IDK but I'd personally avoid the Northern Rivers region of NSW as it's full of bongheads, poofters & Greens voters.

1 year ago

Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania, avoid Adelaide