Can I go to any med school to be a surgeon?

I’ve been planning to go to med school for about a year now I just need to make a list of schools I want to attend once I obtain my bachelors degree. I’m leaning towards general surgery though that may change. My question is, can I go to any med school or does it need to be specific to surgery? When I research top... show more I’ve been planning to go to med school for about a year now I just need to make a list of schools I want to attend once I obtain my bachelors degree. I’m leaning towards general surgery though that may change. My question is, can I go to any med school or does it need to be specific to surgery? When I research top med schools and top med schools for surgery, a different list of schools come up so I’m just confused and I’m trying to get a clarification. Are all med schools typically the same and it just depends on residency? I obviously want to go to the best schools but I also don’t want to have to move far away as my parents are helping me with costs. Thanks in advance!
6 answers 6