Are there any masculine bags that dont go over the shoulder?

I was recently diagnosed with poor circulation in my arms. I carry a messenger bag to hold various important things, like emergency meds, plus books and charging cables and other less important things I might need. However, I ve been told to stop wearing a messenger bag and find something else to carry my stuff in. The only thing that comes to mind is a fanny pack, but that seems less than ideal. A friend suggested a briefcase, but I worry about it being a target for theft. Also, carrying heavy things in my hand can trigger some of my symptoms. I ve used rolling bags before, but they re bulky and mess with my back. Also, I d still have to pick it up a lot, leaving me with the same issues as the briefcase.

I know that rules out a lot of obvious answers. But are there any bags (preferably that I could wear) that won t hurt me?

• MS
    1 year ago

A backpack with chest and waist straps should take most of the pressure off your shoulders.

• drip
    1 year ago

Who told you not to use a messenger bag? Even professional business men use them now.

My husband is 58 and has a soft brief case that has a handle and a long strap on it. He wears it over his shoulder and across his body.

You could take it off as you walk into work and carry it by the handle

• 1 year ago

Could you wear a backpack? As long as you always wear it on both shoulders, the weight should be better distributed than with any other one-sided bag; and some also come with waist band fastenings, which would further help

• 1 year ago

You cannot have things in your hand, you cannot have things hanging from your shoulders.

that leaves your midsection on your back or on your front or the top of your head.

Something like this.

I ve used rolling bags before, but they re bulky and mess with my back.

I d still have to pick it up a lot, WHY?

Get something on wheels and drag it.

Sorry if cannot lift thing how do expect to attach it to your waist?

A child carrier might work for . you get one for the front or the back the straps around your middle take some of the weight from your shoulders.

https://www.lowepro.com/ca-en/s-f-deluxe-technical...

If you cannot lift and carry stuff because it is too heavy then you just carry less stuff.

If one bag is too heavy then use TWO smaller ones. The one in front for often used things.

"other less important things I might need". Stuff do need is priority

Cargo pants with big pockets

vest with many pockets

https://www.zaful.com/multi-pockets-lightweight-me...

• 1 year ago

Have you tried a small rucksack/day pack? If you get one with waist support, it will take a lot of the weight off your shoulders.