Are there any masculine bags that dont go over the shoulder?

I was recently diagnosed with poor circulation in my arms. I carry a messenger bag to hold various important things, like emergency meds, plus books and charging cables and other less important things I might need. However, I ve been told to stop wearing a messenger bag and find something else to carry my stuff in.... show more I was recently diagnosed with poor circulation in my arms. I carry a messenger bag to hold various important things, like emergency meds, plus books and charging cables and other less important things I might need. However, I ve been told to stop wearing a messenger bag and find something else to carry my stuff in. The only thing that comes to mind is a fanny pack, but that seems less than ideal. A friend suggested a briefcase, but I worry about it being a target for theft. Also, carrying heavy things in my hand can trigger some of my symptoms. I ve used rolling bags before, but they re bulky and mess with my back. Also, I d still have to pick it up a lot, leaving me with the same issues as the briefcase.

I know that rules out a lot of obvious answers. But are there any bags (preferably that I could wear) that won t hurt me?