Suddenly getting lots of cold Sores?

Update: I’ve been suffering from cold sores since I was young and a few years back I started to take L-lysine 1000mg which reduced the frequency in which I get them. Recently I have started to get them every couple of months, and I have bumped up my l-lysine intake and tried to reduce foods rich in arginine I currently... show more I’ve been suffering from cold sores since I was young and a few years back I started to take L-lysine 1000mg which reduced the frequency in which I get them. Recently I have started to get them every couple of months, and I have bumped up my l-lysine intake and tried to reduce foods rich in arginine

I currently have what appears as a spot - it has a pus filled centre - but yet around the edges it looks kind of like a blister. I’m confused as to why I’m getting them so often now
Update 2: I do not pick at my coldsores, they are treated with anti virals and then covered with a patch. I’m very sterile when it comes to treating them.

I also avoid all triggers as best as I can, such as stress.