Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 8 months ago

Suddenly getting lots of cold Sores?

Update:

I’ve been suffering from cold sores since I was young and a few years back I started to take L-lysine 1000mg which reduced the frequency in which I get them. Recently I have started to get them every couple of months, and I have bumped up my l-lysine intake and tried to reduce foods rich in arginine

I currently have what appears as a spot - it has a pus filled centre - but yet around the edges it looks kind of like a blister. I’m confused as to why I’m getting them so often now

Update 2:

I do not pick at my coldsores, they are treated with anti virals and then covered with a patch. I’m very sterile when it comes to treating them.

I also avoid all triggers as best as I can, such as stress.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Your immune response is low.

• 8 months ago

See a doctor then..

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

that medication is for herpes

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

herpes

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Cut back on the dairy and meat incorporate more fruits beans and nuts water etc. Cold sores are a form of herpes virus that lie dormant (do not flare up) unless triggered. Dairy and meat are trigger foods because they are highly acidic and mucus forming. Sugar is another culprit. Be mindful of your diet.

• rose8 months agoReport

Thank! But I don’t eat any of those foods!

• 8 months ago

You must be very stressed or you pick at them. The clear liquid is contagious so if it gets in other areas they spread. You have to dry them out and use medicine when you can. Please try to relax to reduce them. Good luck hun

• rose8 months agoReport

I understand how Herpes Simplex works, what I don't understand is, based on my lifestyle, is why my immune response would be so low. Nor do I understand why treatments I have been using no longer seem to be.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.