Brielle asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 months ago

How to lose 100 pounds????

I am the biggest I have ever been, and I've tried losing weight for a couple of years with different diets and workout plans but nothing has stuck. My current weight is around 285-300 lbs; my height is 5'6, and I am a 23-year-old woman. For the last year, I have not been very active at all, but I have a very athletic background and plan to start going back to the gym. I am also very excited and re-motivated to lose weight as I have been accepted into a really great law school. My goal is to lose 90-100 lbs before then (3.5 months) and I'm wondering if this is possible and how it can be achieved? I'm really not sure what the best diet for my body is (my body fat is distributed very proportionately, not just one concentrated area; Idk if this information helps) I have tried soo many different diet plans and end up restarting or changing it for whatever reasons. I've tried the alkaline diet, protein diet, juice/smoothie diet, etc... and have not been able to sustain these diets even with weight loss success and I always gain it back. I know my biggest problem is definitely food, so since last week I cut out fast food, I tried to rationalize by only having one meal a day if I ordered food (which was frequently) anyways I came to the realization that is was bad for my body, mental health, and budget. Any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated, thanks in advance.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

for you to lose that amount of weight it is gonna take you over a year or more as you can only safely lose 10 pounds a month

• 7 months ago

100 pounds in 3.5 to 4 months is not an attainable goal.

As anonymous 2 said, walk more, eat less.

Get an appointment with a professional dietitian/nutritionist to help you figure out a real diet plan. The popular fad diets are designed for you to fail.

You may need the help of a psychologist to help you work out conscious vs unconscious eating habits.

Finally, you may need bariatric surgery.

Good luck

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

find your TDEE, google it, eat less than your TDEE and you will lose weight, (subtract 500 to 1000 from your TDEE and eat that much everyday)

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Walk more, eat less. I took off 40 lbs. that way.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.