Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 year ago

Im a Male with UTI and started peeing blood, what do I do?

So I had noticed that there was something wrong with my body last week and had gone to check up with the hospital this week to understand my current situation. I knew I had UTI since I had a nonstop urge to pee and that it hurt. When I went to go check on the hospital, they wanted me to take tests to understand my infection better with blood and urine sample including ultrasound. I went to give the samples, and on that same day, I peed blood. So my question is, what should I do? How long is a person supposed to wait for his antibiotics before the UTI symptom gets worse? It's about to be my 2nd week of UTI and I'm scared waiting any longer can do more harm. I'm supposed to meet my doctors 2 weeks after, but I feel like that's too long of a time to wait.

My ultrasound tests are supposed to determine what I should receive in my antibiotics, they also told me the result can take up to a week to give to my doctor.

• Sam
    1 year ago

ultrasound doesn't determine antibiotics. they need to and probably are doing a bacterial analyst from a urine specimen, which they can do in less than 15 minutes to determine the amount of bacteria. They might send it off to determine which antibiotics has a greater effect on the type of bacteria, but all you need is a broad spectrum (gram positive and negative) antibiotic. Penicillin would not hurt you in the least unless you are allergic to penicillin.

All you need to do is go to a pet store and grab some 250 mg tetracycline antibiotic for fish. Take one qid (4xdaily) for five days.

You might find this hard to believe but pet medications go through a more rigid testing and inspections than most human medications.

Any broad spectrum antibiotic would work.

Or go see an old school doctor who has a brain. There is no reason you should suffer, that's crazy.

• Tavy
    1 year ago

Go to your own Doctor , they can contact the hospital and give you antibiotics now.