Bf reminds me of dad - in a bad way.?

my bf reminds me of my dad but not in a good way. Im scared that he wont be able to attend to my emotional needs/ support and be a man like my dad because my dad didnt do **** for my mom and hardly me or my siblings. he's pretty selfish and i see him as a grown man in diapers. I'm scared my bf will be like... show more my bf reminds me of my dad but not in a good way. Im scared that he wont be able to attend to my emotional needs/ support and be a man like my dad because my dad didnt do **** for my mom and hardly me or my siblings. he's pretty selfish and i see him as a grown man in diapers. I'm scared my bf will be like that and that he is like that and wont change but my bf is different in terms of being hardworking and focused on his job. hes only 23 but he doesn't understand women i feel like and when i tell him how i feel, i feel like he doesn't register anything. is this an issue that i need to resolve with myself? do i tell my bf? and if i do, would that require me to tell him about my dad which is a step idk im willing to take because he was p abusive.
2 answers 2