Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 months ago

Can the French government be trusted with their explanation of the cause of the Notre Dame cathedral fire?

Favorite Answer

The French government has allowed this huge influx of muslims into their country. They want to show the world how compassionate and diversity-loving they are, even if it eventually destroys their culture. Now if it turns out that there is some connection with muslims and this fire, and I am NOT saying there is, does anybody really think that the French government is going to admit that they are responsible for the destruction of possibly the world's most important Catholic icon? No way.

• Robert

Hello,

The answer is yes.

Yet any government would be faced with the difficulties in determining the cause of such a fire.

Determining the cause of a fire is just as important as determining the cause of a plane crash (since both types of incident can cause casualties though fortunately in the Notre Dame fire no one was hurt).

I would like to address the issue of instances of fire during renovation works, particularly as it concerns buildings of some antiquity having substantial construction in wood.

Bear in mind that the stone on a building can be structurally-compromised by the intense heat of a fire in wooden areas.

Please see: "News & ResearchData, research, and toolsBuilding and life safetyFires in Structures Under Construction, Undergoing Major Renovation, or Being Demolished

Fires in Structures Under Construction, Undergoing Major Renovation, or Being Demolished":

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Data-resear...

Here is what occurs to me:

> Lack of standardised legally-enforced procedure to monitor work being carried out, of a standard equivalent to the use of orange boxes (aka "black boxes") on aircraft.

> Currently cause of fires are not defined by monitoring and so a presumption of cause may not be to a high enough standard.

> Accurate knowledge of fire cause is essential for future fire prevention, just as accurately establishing each cause of a plane crash is essential for preventing that cause from happening again.

While I am no expert, here are some possible causes for which action both monitoring and prevention, need to be taken:

> The fire safety of works to be carried out, should be monitored and protected by an organisation independent of the company/companies carrying out the works of construction, renovation, demolition.

For example, use of CC TV, fire-detection equipment, electricity-flow detection.

Cost: Cheap compared with the consequence of a devastating fire.

This requirement should be made as a condition of lower fire insurance for sensitive buildings by insurance companies.

> Fire prevention at sensitive buildings:

Consider is this necessary normally or only during renovation.

Installing a 24-7 manned "miniature" fire-station (meaning a small facility capable of fighting fire, to be located near where a fire would be both intense and also difficult to reach by the city fire brigade.

Precautions would need to be taken to ensure such a facility could not itself form any fire-hazard.

Automatic fire-fighting foam perhaps instead of water, linked to fire sensors directed to protect primarily wooden areas from fire.

Some causes of fire:

> Smoking.

> Lightning.

> Temporary electricity cabling that is left wound round to save space forming a coil, left unattended with the electricity still flowing.

When electricity flows through a coiled wire this causes "resistance" causing the wire to heat-up and it can catch fire: How some types of heater work.

I hope this helps.

Robert.

• Nous

So many buildings undergoing restoration catch fire and that is by far the most likely cause!

Only if they have a hot French Madame give the explanation I'll ice cream give it to me I'll give it to me oh give it to me oh give it to me

Oui, certainement!

Any reason why not?

If you think that anyone is lying, the burden of proof that they are is on you.

Not for a minute.

Jw.org has many more answers

• Jea

Can we trust any government completely?

• Kieth

Have you ever been to Paris? The streets are paved with cigarette butts, I'm surprised that the whole city hasn't burned down.