Why can't atheists recognise the voice of God?

• 1 year ago

Our atheist friends have to learn to recognise God's voice and it begins with developing a relationship with Him which is beyond their capacity as their hearts are hardened, but a heart willing to listen and obey is the key to hearing from God. The primary way that a Christian hears God’s voice is through reading and studying Scripture and then obeying and applying what the Scripture says. Believers are immensely blessed with scripture, and when we read and meditate on it, God reveals His mind and His will to us. Our obedience to His revelation in Scripture is the bedrock of God's guidance in every area of our lives and every way in which God directs us will be consistent with His Word. It takes time to grow sensitive to God's voice, but speak He will but only when we bring our lives under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and enjoy an ever deepening relationship with Him.

• 1 year ago

Probably because they are closed minded as Logos Lore admits.

• 1 year ago

I have never heard the voice of God, so far as I know.

• 1 year ago

We don't have hallucinations.

• 1 year ago

For one I've never heard a voice from God. Could you explain what it sounds like? Is it a male or female? Is it in English? What would I have to do in order to hear it? Praying? I've prayed for years when I was a believer and never heard or recognized a voice from God.

• Gloria1 year agoReport

For a believer, prayer is a life-long commitment if we are in a committed relationship with the God we believe in Logos so, would you say that you didn't have a real relationship with God in the first place?

1 year ago

Because they don't live in an imaginary world.

1 year ago

Have you got a recording of it? I didn't think so.

• 1 year ago

The George Burns God or Morgan Freeman God?

• 1 year ago

Because they have closed minds.

“‘26 Go to this people and say,

“You will be ever hearing but never understanding;

you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.”

27 For this people’s heart has become calloused;

they hardly hear with their ears,

and they have closed their eyes.

Otherwise they might see with their eyes,

hear with their ears,

understand with their hearts

and turn, and I would heal them.’" (Acts 28:26,27)

• ronald
    1 year ago

They could if they wanted to. They choose not believe there is a God. And that's alright too. You can't and shouldn't try to force people to believe the way you do.

1 year ago

No gods exist - nothing there to recognize.

Why can't you recognize the voice of Voldemort, Leprechauns or Hobbits?

GrowTF up!

• Jeff, you are always telling people to 'grow TF up' but you say that you love to dress up in your little frilly Disney Princess outfit on a daily basis and go singing with your birdie friends at the park! Is that not like saying 'do as I say and not what I do?