Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 months ago

My dad said if I don’t like his rules then move out . This is illegal right? I’m 15 I can’t move out?

I don’t see how he can say this to me. I have nowhere to move because I’m 15, can’t rent anywhere, I don’t really have a job, I just help my uncle some times for like $20. This choice he’s given me is stupid and illegal. It’s not a choice at all really.

89 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

It is just your dad's way of saying to suck it up, buttercup. He is telling you that you have no choice but to accept his rules at this point. It is not illegal for him to say this.

• 8 months ago

If he gives you permission you can

• C
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Try obeying your father's rules. It will do you good. Then, at 18, if you still want to leave, join the Military--when you get out, you get a full ride to college!

• 8 months ago

You can move out..... your dad is right. He is your father and you are supposed to listen to him and obey him and it should not even have to come down to him threatening you like that. But, ultimately if you want that roof over your head like apparently you want, why do you think you can disrespect your elders who provide it for you? Common sense on your part should say...wow....I am lucky that I have these people providing and protecting me like this, maybe I should try to do right by them and behave myself and take advantage of their good advice and counseling. Furthermore, ask yourself this ...do your parents do what they do that you do not like out of love and caring for you or because they want to harm you? 99% certain its because they care about you.....so what are you fighting them for?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • e9601:
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Obey the rules of the house. You need to grow up and when you're 18 move out. By then hopefully you will have learned how to live as an adult.

• 8 months ago

I think he just wants you to straighten up ha ha don't get too comfortable though, he can still give you up for adoption and be legally within his means!!!!! Do you want to be in foster care?! Be a good boy you hoodlum! Ha ha

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

He's the father. He is in charge. I agree with him 100%! Don't walk around the world thinking you own it! It's good someone like your dad is stopping you from accomplishing that goal of trying to take over everything. Listen to him. You'll be thanking him eventually.

• 8 months ago

Follow his rules unless it’s somthing bad then pack your bags grab your phone call a friend and go to their house for the night

• kim
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Repulsive as you might be in your offensive behaviors, best understand that the father in your home is the head of the home. If hes invited you to move out he means it. Your choice. I would not underestimate the value of your education, family life, food, haircuts, clothing, cell phone Bill's. It's a hard knock world out there, and selling sex is your only option, that leads to hepatitis b. And other good stuff.

• Melody8 months agoReport

Exactly peter and the law says 18 you're an adult pssht !perish the thought!!

• 8 months ago

Translation: You MUST follow the rules until you are legally an adult. If you don't like it, GROW UP.

Welcome to LIFE.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.