What adhesive should I use for a brass tube to wood when I can't handle epoxy?

I'm trying to adhere a brass tube onto a flat piece of wood. The wood will be vertical & the tube horizontal. I thought I could epoxy wood dowels and drill a small hole in the dowel for a headless nail and then attach it with more glue. The problem is that my fine motor skills are lacking and I needed more... show more I'm trying to adhere a brass tube onto a flat piece of wood. The wood will be vertical & the tube horizontal. I thought I could epoxy wood dowels and drill a small hole in the dowel for a headless nail and then attach it with more glue. The problem is that my fine motor skills are lacking and I needed more time than the epoxy gave me so a few fell out. I repaired them but now I'm wondering if I should use a different glue for the nail and more on the wood. What glue & on which part & which part should I glue first?