Dannille asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 year ago

Does milk really help your bones grow?

• 1 year ago

Yes. Calcium, an essential nutrient for a strong skeletal structure, is stored primarily in the bones.

• 1 year ago

I bone grows when I see a woman with big breasts at the gym.

• Times
    1 year ago

it's the calcium that helps bones grow along with some other vitamins . the fat is good for keeping you full and hydrated skins.

• Dannille1 year agoReport

Where are you getting thus information from

1 year ago

Did you know that milk may have traces of mucus due to the infected utters of the cows?

Cows and any other animal used to pleasure sick humans, are horrifically abused and put in the most unsanitary, repulsive, disgusting environments ever. They sit and stand in their own urine and feces, they have wounds on them that are left untreated, they have so much infection due to such poor living conditions.

So sad.

Source(s): I am not vegan. I eat mainly seafood. Wish I could go vegan but I’ve tried countless times and need protein (seafood) because carbs don’t sit good with me. Vegan diet creates constipation and bloat for me. Very uncomfortable. I slowly am limiting my meat consumption(other than seafood.)
    • Dannille1 year agoReport

I'm 100 percent agreeing with you I just wanted to see how many people actually people in this myth

• 1 year ago

Not sure, a lot of plant based/vegan doctors don’t think there’s a need to drink milk which is meant for a baby calf. You can get calcium and vitamin D from other sources. Calcium is in almond milk as well, and vitamin D ,which is in fortified milk, can be received from the sunlight.

• Dannille1 year agoReport

False.. Where are u getting your information

• audrey
    1 year ago

Yes, When you're a child. As an adult, not so much.

• Rei
    1 year ago

It doesn't make them grow, it helps make them strong

• 1 year ago

If you drink milk to keep your bones strong, there's good logic in it. Milk and dairy products are concentrated calcium sources, and we know calcium fortifies bones and prevents osteoporosis. However, a recent study suggests that while some milk may be good, more is not better.

• natural
      1 year agoReport

This is the correct answer. In fact multiple studies say the ideal is no more or less than 650 mg calcium & at least 1,000 i.u. vitamin D (~200% RDA). The RDA in most other countries is 650 mg, while the USA has a strong dairy lobby. Excess calcium without extra vitamin D to match weakens bones.

1 year ago

If you are still growing yes it does. Milk is loaded with calcium which is crucial for bone development. See link for other calcium rich foods.

• WB
    1 year ago

It helps.

• No, that is a myth from the milk lobby/government. In fact, cow's milk could be a cause of osteoporosis.