Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 year ago

Why am I coughing a lot more and having a hard time spitting up phlem now that I’m 5 days clean of smoking ciggerettes?

Shouldn’t I be breathing easier because I wasn’t doing all this coughing before and now all of a sudden I quit and almost A week in I feel like a Bronchitis patient

• 1 year ago

Yeah eventually you will get what you want. You are having anxiety and withdrawl which is causing you to cough.

1 year ago

Now that you no longer have nicotine going into your body your lungs are going to cough up phlegm and black junk for a whole month you might get a sore throat it's totally normal.

exercise and take deep breaths and drink lots of water and V8 juice it will help heal the lungs.

1 year ago

Your lungs are full of black carbon and other nasty items, may take time, even years to get your lungs into tip top condition.

1 year ago

If you have given up cold turkey after 2 weeks you should be feeling much better, it is just your body slowly returning to normal. I got alsorts of strange withdrawal symptoms when I quit. Stick with it, you will be fine.