Question regarding canceling gym contract?

Hi guys! So my boyfriend injured his arm 3 months ago while weight lifting. I promised him I would workout with him when he worked out again at his gym (higher end than mine). His doctor then cleared him to workout again. I just joined his gym yesterday and unfortunately after his workout he was in a lot of pain... show more Hi guys! So my boyfriend injured his arm 3 months ago while weight lifting. I promised him I would workout with him when he worked out again at his gym (higher end than mine). His doctor then cleared him to workout again. I just joined his gym yesterday and unfortunately after his workout he was in a lot of pain again.

The membership I did was month to month $60 per month with a 30 day cancellation notice. On the contract it says that there’s a 3 day refund period from joining, so basically I am going to be spending $120 if I don’t cancel within the 3 day allowance period which is ending tomorrow.

I’m reading the contract terms and I’m very confused of what they mean?

CONSUMERS RIGHT TO CANCELLATION.
YOU MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WITHOUT ANY PENALTY OR FURTHER OBLIGATION WITHIN THREE (3)
DAYS FROM THIS DATE. Notice of Cancellation shall be in writing, subscribed by the buyer and mailed by registered or certified United States mail to the seller at the address specified in such form. Such notice shall be accompanied by the contract forms, membership cards and any other documents or evidence of membership previously delivered to the buyer.
______

So I’m confused? Am I supposed to write out that I want to cancel it, time stamp it, THEN mail it to them? I’m afraid I’m not going to do the cancelation right and I’m going to be stuck paying the $120.