sam asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 year ago

why can’t i do double pirouettes?

my preparation and pirouette position are both correct just somehow whenever i go for a double, i fall out of it. either sideways, forwards, backwards or even straight down. i’m pretty fed up of it.

on pointe is so much worse. i can’t even do clean singles on pointe and the rest of the girls in our class are doing triples. i feel like quitting. can anyone help?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

Pull up, find your core and spot. It just takes practice. Lots and lots of practice, Some pick up on it faster than others. Don’t give up.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago
  • 1 year ago

This is something you should be discussing with your teacher too, of course.

• 1 year ago

As drip said a lot has to do with pulling up and engaging your core. Perhaps start doing some exercises to strengthen you core. Spotting is important too. You can get away with not spotting in a single but not a double. Try to get in the habit of spotting for your single if you haven’t already done this.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    • mintchips49
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

While your first video of K. Morgan was helpful, the second video was not for ballet and not helpful in this case.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.