What greeting should people use whenever it's close to December 25th?

Liberals prefer to say "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas, but if I say Happy Holidays then conservatives get really triggered.

What should people say so that we don't offend anyone? "Happy Christmas?" "Merry Holidays?"

13 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Troll. No Christmas questions till Dec.1

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Merry Christmas

• John P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Depends where in the 'Christian' world they are. In Britain nobody says "Happy Holidays".

• A C
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Whatever they wish. I like Happy Christmas myself.

• John P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I assume the questioner lives in the USA. In Britain I cannot think of ever having been wished "Happy Holidays" for the Christmas/New Year break. People would normally say "Have a good break" or similar. Indeed "Have a good holiday" for a summer break or similar. Americans say "vacation".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Happy Holidays covers all ppl, and it’s common for ppl to know others who may or may not observe Christmas, while acknowledging that the majority world celebrates.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Troll question

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Just say what you want. Happy Holidays sounds weird, we don't say that in my country. Thank god we're not that politically correct, what a headache.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Happy Holidays,, Merry Christmas,,, Bah Humbug,,, who cares, say whatever you wish, if it offends anyone that's their problem, not yours.

• DIEGO.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

good question!

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Troll, it is April 9, 2019. Get out and enjoy some fresh air. You're getting stale.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.