Wars being used an cannon fodder, by conservatives (authoritarians)?

I live in the United Kingdom I have had many problems in my life, which I probably shouldn't share with millions of people on-line; but where my life has been at risk in a major way and on many occasions. My family is sick with many illness and we are going through constant calamity and crisis. But the... show more I live in the United Kingdom

I have had many problems in my life, which I probably shouldn't share with millions of people on-line; but where my life has been at risk in a major way and on many occasions. My family is sick with many illness and we are going through constant calamity and crisis.
But the people that I knew (outside the family), kept on saying to me...
"You have it easy, it is not as hard as we had it in the old days; when we had to go without, and there were problems with lack of resources and we had to live through the war". The war in fact is used a lot.
But I think I have been through much worse.
They'd tell me that kids have it easy, they have the internet, mobile phones and what they call 'instant gratification' and everything. They behave like they can't comprehend that one of them could get through a major crisis and still live and function in the same way with the same mentality during and after it.
I have been through deadly calamities all through my life (so it included childhood, teenager years and young adulthood); and going through it never changed my attitude towards the authoritative people. I still rebel against them the same, I feel need to tell them they're right.
But according to them, they never complained because they had nothing and dealt with it, without the rebellious mentality kids have nowadays, having everything they want.
Then I thought of other countries that have wars, some even have democracies in them and some don't.
Update: I believe Israel fits this classification.
What would you have to say these authoritarian anus suckers; after all the wars that you have, and the fact that you have 'rebellious kids'?