My Brother printer is not printing. Plenty of ink and paper. I rebooted my computer. I checked all the cables. Paper comes out blank?

• Dick
    1 year ago

Open the manual and learn how to do "head cleaning" operations. Sometimes the heads get plugged up and need to be flushed out by a cleaning operation. Give it a try!

1 year ago

Is your thing that puts the ink on paper-i forgot what it's called-jammed or something. or maybe the internet, or what browser your using, or what your trying to print.but usually it's user error.if you have checked everything.contact the maker of your printer.

• Are there plastic tabs that need to be removed from the print cartridges?

Different models vary, but it happens.

• 1 year ago

make sure you are not printing from within a browser. open the driver options and tell the printer to print a test page, or find the printer manual and learn how to make it print its own status sheet(eg holding in buttons whilst turning on), that way you can prove its a software issue and the printer is fine.

• 1 year ago

You need to do Print Head Cleaning and then check Print Quality.To do it go to Control Panel / Devices and Printers.Right click on your Brothers printer icon.On drop-down menu left clickl Printer Properties.

In this new window click on Preferances. In Preferances window click tab Maintenance.Click on Print Head Cleaning.When machine ends head cleaning click Check Print Quality. Printer will print a page and you will see if it is good.

• 1 year ago

You have not told how you tried to print. From just a document? From a picture? From a test page in the computer setup of the printer? From a test inside the printer itself?

New ink? Old ink but a long time since printed last? Recent printing but a change in computer (update, virus scan, moved it, connected something else)?

With no details, no accurate guesses beyond what others think.

• 1 year ago

try the 'test page' [right click printer icon]. if that's also blank, the likely cause is the ink isn't properly seated in the machine

• Fred
    1 year ago

Every printer has a self test. Your manual will tell you how to do this. This test works even if there are no connections to the computer. If the self test works and you can't print from the computer, the problem is either the connections to the computer or the printer driver. If the printer has worked in the past and you have not fiddled around with the driver or the printer cable, the problem is probably with the printer.

If the self test does not work, the problem is with the printer itself.

• keerok
    1 year ago

Clean heads.

• 1 year ago

I had a Brother printer once.

I kept if for four months.

Four long months I kept it.

Then I chucked it in the trash bin and bought a different brand.