Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 year ago

What is wrong with Yahoo Answers today?

When I try to ask a question, it says I reached my limit even though I didn’t. I’m nowhere close to the limit. Though I am able to ask this question. On my profile, the page says oops something went wrong when trying to view my questions and answers. Finally in individual categories such as Politics when I click Answer, it says my criteria doesn’t match any questions.

1 year ago

Yes, I was having trouble a few hours ago, but working okay now- (9:15pm Pacific Time)

1 year ago

Glitches

• Daniel
    1 year ago

Yahoo Answers a Few days ago had some Technical Problems with the Site that was one of them Yahoo seems to have Fixed it tho so give it a another Try

• 1 year ago

Another Yahoo glitch.

1 year ago

More glitches as per usual. No doubt it's the start of shutting it down.

• 1 year ago

More "improvements" to drive away the few of us still here . . . . . then they can shut it down completely.

• 1 year ago

Staff never tell us, but the fact they added new help to the Account Help Pages info tells us they realize there is a problem.

• .
    1 year ago

We know as much as you, that many features aren't working well or pages have to be refreshed to get data to show up. Why it's happening, is anyone's guess. Could be something broke in the system. Could be due to some kind of maintenance going on, that we weren't made aware of. As usual, all we can do is just ride it out, and hope it's resolved soon.

Others have already asked this question. Whenever you have a problem with the site, check the Yahoo Answers subcategory question list BEFORE posting about it. That way you can possibly get the answer to your question and not waste 5 pts asking something that's already been asked/answered. ☺

• Dragos Drakkar
      1 year agoReport

Though with the categories often showing no questions as of the latest round of glitches, it is hard to know if something has been asked recently.

• 1 year ago

I don't know. But your question says this is a system wide problem. Same thing with me.

• 1 year ago

Yahoo was an enormous thing in its day but that day is passed. Today it's just a sad shadow of its former glory. They've cut back on a lot of things, and there have been rumors for years now that they were about to shot down Yahoo Answers altogether.

They haven't shut it down yet, but it's gotten very buggy. The reporting process hasn't worked in quite a while--in fact, for a time, I tried to get reported. But when I do get reported, it seems like just random posts, things that nobody should object to. I don't think there are human 'moderators' adjudicating reports, because that costs money.

I've had the thought that it might be that Yahoo is just letting the service deteriorate until people stop using it. Then they can shut it down, claiming that hardly anyone uses it anymore. But if that's true, the strategy hasn't worked.