Spooky
Lv 4
Spooky asked in PetsFish · 7 months ago

What can I add into my fresh water fish tank to control algae that will not harm my fish?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

algae eater fish. reduce feeding and frequent water changes.

• 7 months ago

Any healthy tank has algae. It's a balancing act to keep the algae down and natural plant growth up so it's not annoying and unsightly.

As others have said, you need to work with your lighting and nutrients, including feeding and fertilizer.

Dumping in chemicals to control the algae won't solve your problem. Kind of like dumping perfume on poop. It might not stink as bad for a while, but it will stink worse pretty soon.

• 7 months ago

Clean the tank, dont over stock, dont over feed, reduce the time you have the lights in the tank on,dont have plant light bulbs if you dont have plant. I use Aquaglow light bulbs, the show the true colors of fish and deco better, they dont keep most plants alive and that includes algae.

If you have a lot of algae, you should try to understand why. It is often a sign that you need to make some adjustmants to the tank. The algea is your freind, it is often trying to help the tank by using toxins to grow.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Snails

Reduce light and feeding.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

This site tells you how to accomplish what you want to do.

https://www.thesprucepets.com/aquarium-algae-13799...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.